- About Us
- Global Vision
- News and Events
- Ways to Help
- Advancing the Human Spirit
Autism Waiver Program
Keystone Autism Services and its affiliated agencies are fully qualified providers of services in Pennsylvania’s Autism Waiver Program. The Autism Waiver is a Medicaid Waiver program that is separate from the Adult Community Autism Program (ACAP). The Autism Waiver program will initially serve up to 200 adults 21 years of age or older. The Autism Waiver provides home- and community-based services to adults with autism. The Bureau of Autism Services directly administers the Autism Waiver. The Autism Waiver is available throughout all of Pennsylvania, and Keystone is qualified to provide Autism Waiver services in 24 counties. Autism Waiver services include residential, vocational, in-home and leisure time services.
Services available under the Autism Waiver include:
- Assistive Technology
- Behavioral Specialist Services
- Community Inclusion
- Community Transition Services
- Day Habilitation
- Environmental Modifications
- Family Counseling
- Family Training
- Job Assessment
- Nutritional Consultation
- Occupational Therapy
- Residential Habilitation
- Speech/Language Therapy
- Supported Employment
- Supports Coordination (Case Management)
- Temporary Crisis Services
- Transitional Work Services
Each participant will receive an Individualized Service Plan (ISP), allowing services to be tailored to each individual’s specific needs, including their preferences, goals and achievements. The ISP includes:
- Information about who they like and admire
- What activities they prefer
- Any allergies or other health concerns
- A record of fire and traffic safety knowledge among others
- Goals and achievements
- Other important information that is a part of the participant’s everyday life
The services an individual receives can change as their needs change. A Supports Coordinator is assigned to each individual enrolled and will conduct annual reevaluations to determine individual needs.
Individuals enrolled in the Autism Waiver have the right to select a qualified private agency for each service in their Individualized Service Plan.
To be eligible for the Autism Waiver, individuals must:
- Live in Pennsylvania or plan to live in Pennsylvania at the time of enrollment
- Have a diagnosis of an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Be 21 years or older at the time of enrollment
- Meet Medical Assistance financial eligibility requirements
- Meet Intermediate Care Facility level of care requirements
Adults may apply for the Autism Waiver even if they are already receiving services from another waiver program. Services from their current program may continue up to the date services under the Autism Waiver begin, ensuring that there is no gap in services. Priority is given to those individuals who are not currently receiving state or federally funded long-term care services.
Keystone is qualified to provide Autism Waiver services in Blair, Bucks, Centre, Chester, Columbia, Cumberland, Dauphin, Delaware, Franklin, Fulton, Huntingdon, Juniata, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lehigh, Luzerne, Mifflin, Montgomery, Montour, Northumberland, Perry, Philadelphia, Snyder, Union, Wyoming and York Counties.
To enroll in the Autism Waiver, you must call the Bureau of Autism Services at 1-866-539-7689.
Visit the Bureau of Autism Services’ website for more information about the Autism Waiver.
The Adult Community Autism Program (ACAP) offers flexible services and supports to men and women with an Autism Spectrum Disorder to assist them to develop skills to reach their goals and participate meaningfully in their community. Services are tailored to each person's specific needs and can be readily modified as needs change.