KASVI is an innovative approach to support young adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families. Available to adolescents and adults age 12–35 in Lehigh County, Pennsylvania, KASVI is designed specifically to meet the needs of young adults as they transition from high school to pursue employment, higher education, and increased independence in their home and community.
KASVI also offers support for family members to develop ongoing natural and community supports for their son or daughter.
Participants in KASVI will plan, prepare for, and achieve employment and/or post-secondary education while increasing their independence as part of an inclusive, productive, and meaningful everyday life.
Contact us about KASVI
KASVI uses elements of the LifeCourse Framework (Missouri Family to Family Life Course Network) to develop a person centered approach unique to each individual. Each person and their family develop a vision and plan for a full life as they transition from entitlement-based services received in high school to the eligibility-based services of adulthood.
KASVI offers comprehensive services to address the needs of young adults as they transition into successful employment and gain independence in their home and communities, including:
- Career planning
- Participants receive support to identify a career direction through vocational assessment; to develop a plan for achieving competitive, integrated employment and/or further education; to acquire, improve, and retain vocational skills and other adaptive skills in preparation for employment and/or post-secondary education.
- Job finding
- We provide assistance in developing or securing competitive, integrated employment that fits the participant's vocational goals and the employer's needs.
- Supported Employment
- We provide assistance to participants who need ongoing support to maintain competitive, integrated employment.
- In-home and community support
- Participants receive support to acquire, improve, or retain skills for living independently in their home and community.
Make a Referral
There are three ways to make a referral: